Friday, January 12, 2007

The "Family"

Hain? main yahan.. phir? Chalo agar aa hi gya hoon to koi naik kaam karr deta hoon. Waise tum logoun ka koi haal nahi. As my dad would say "duay Rabb di" . Well i thought id try to post a picture on our very own website, a milestone and a half for me. Alas, i succeded and have managed to post a recent and favourite picture from Danish and Rubaat's visit to NY.
A little about the picture: I think we are standing in the courtyard of the Trinity Church in downtown Manhattan, these are actual roots of a 100+ year old tree that was unearthed when the twin towers fell. I really didnt believe it myself until i read the plaque .
Anyway, from left to right, it is Rubaat, Sabeen, danish, Sheza (punk), Chandi and ofcourse the best for last...Yours truly Khurram.. thats "Sir" to the rest of you.
Well another day, another good deed. I think i shall retire to my humble abode. I just had one last thought. Wouldnt it be funny if, and its a big IF, one day you are in Manhattan and you wave for a taxi and out of nowhere a rickshaw comes zooming in and stopsss.. screeech.. and the driver sticks his head out wearing shalwar kamiz and says "baoo ji, ethay aajao, kithay janaee?, O jo munasib hoye ga dai dena"
Posted by Picasa

No comments: